Warm Brown Rice and Chickpea Salad with Celery and Goat Cheese
Nice, easy meal for a night when I don't want to do a lot of work with cooking.
brown rice - make 4+ servings worth
3 stalks chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil - dried basil will work also
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
few shakes of cumin
a few stalks of celery
1 can chickpeas
1 small package of goat cheese (~1/2 cup) - the one with herbs works well
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F
3. Cook the brown rice according to the instructions on the package
3. Drain & rinse the chickpeas, and put them on a baking sheet. Mix with olive oil, salt, & pepper. Roast for ~10 min or until golden brown.
4. While rice & chickpeas are cooking, chop the green onions, basil, & celery. Mix them in a large bowl along with the olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, spices, and crumbled goat cheese.
5. Mix in cooked rice & chickpeas, stir until everything is incorporated.