Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Spaghetti
2 Tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic
1.5 cups vegetable broth (from stock)
1.5 cups milk
1/4 tsp salt
Freshly cracked pepper
8 oz. linguine
1/4 lb. fresh baby spinach (1/2 of 8oz bag)
15 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
whatever other cheese looks good
1. Mince the garlic and add it to a deep skillet with the butter. Sauté the garlic in the butter over medium heat for one to two minutes, or just until it's tender and fragrant.
2. Add the vegetable broth, milk, salt, some freshly cracked pepper, and the pasta to the skillet (break the pasta in half first for easy stirring). Make sure the pasta is fully submerged, then place a lid on the skillet. Allow the skillet to come to a simmer, then immediately turn the heat down to low.
3. Allow the pasta to simmer in the liquid for about 12 minutes, or until it's al dente. Stir the pasta every few minutes to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom. Adjust the heat if needed to make sure the liquid maintains a gentle simmer. While the pasta is simmering, drain the artichoke hearts and then roughly chop them into slightly smaller pieces.
4. Once the pasta is tender, turn off the heat. The sauce may still be slightly thin, but it will continue to thicken and absorb as the rest of the ingredients are added. Add the spinach, a handful at a time, to the hot pasta and sauce and toss it in the pasta until it wilts.
5. Stir the chopped artichoke hearts into the pasta. Sprinkle a handful of grated Parmesan over the pasta, then stir to incorporate the Parmesan. Top with remaining Parmesan then serve.