Thai-Spiced Rice Bowls
Yummy veggies, tofu, rice, and curry all in one!
1-2 cups uncooked rice - basmati rice is good for this
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
Thumb-tip of peeled fresh ginger, pressed or minced
1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
2 cups vegetable broth - from bullion
1/2 cup milk (since I don't like coconut milk)
Generous squeeze of honey
1 block of tofu, sliced into cubes
1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 bag of mung bean sprouts
1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Prep the tofu by slicing it into cubes and pressing it between paper towels. Let sit for ~10 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, cook the rice according to the package instructions.
3. In a large pan, heat vegetable oil. When hot, add the tofu and let it cook until light golden on the bottom side. Turn tofu cubes over and cook the other side. When done, remove from oil.
3. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add the oil. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the remaining broth ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes to develop the flavor.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the garnishes by various slicing & dicing.
5. To serve, divide the rice evenly among serving bowls. Top each serving with a few scoopfuls of the broth. Garnish as desired.
To save leftovers, prepare one tupperware with rice & garnishes, and another small one with sauce. Combine when ready to eat.
Original recipe link