Veggie Fried Quinoa
veggies + quinoa = greatness
3 cups cooked quinoa
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
bag of baby spinach
8 oz containers of mushrooms
bag of snow peas
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 block of extra-firm tofu
1. Cook the quinoa according to the package directions, let it cool.
2. Prep the tofu by slicing it into cubes and pressing it between paper towels. Let sit for ~10 minutes.
3. Chop the vegetables.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Add onions. Sauté until onions are translucent. Add in garlic. Sauté for a few minutes.
6. Fold in cooked quinoa and chopped vegetables. Pour in soy sauce and sesame oil and stir to combine. Let fry up on the bottom, stirring occasionally.
7. In a large pan, heat vegetable oil. When hot, add the tofu and let it cook until light golden on the bottom side. Turn tofu cubes over and cook the other side. When done, remove from oil.
8. In a separate pan, scramble the eggs.
9. Once the eggs have cooked, mix with the quinoa and vegetables until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
10. Serve hot. Optional topping: cook an egg sunny side up and place on top before serving.
Original recipe link