Tortillas in Black Bean Sauce
2 15 oz cans black beans, drained
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce + 1 Tbsp sauce
1 tbs onion powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cups vegetable broth (from bullion)
12 corn tortillas
6 oz feta cheese
extra sprinkled mexican blend shredded cheese
1. To make the black bean sauce, combine the drained black beans, chipotle peppers plus about 1 Tbsp of the adobo sauce, onion powder, cumin, and garlic in a blender or food processor. Starting with one cup, add the broth as you blend until a smooth, thick sauce forms. Taste and adjust the salt as needed (this will depend on the salt content of the broth you use).
- If the bean mixture needs more zest, add a bit of lemon juice and/or cinnamon.
2. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
3. Finely chop the cucumber.
4. Pour a small amount of the black bean sauce into a casserole dish and spread it around to cover the bottom. Pour more sauce into a wide shallow bowl or dish for dipping the tortillas.
5. One by one, fold the tortillas in half and scoop some of the black bean sauce inside. Sprinkle some cheese and cucumber slices in as well. Fold the tortilla into quarters and dip it into the sauce so that the outside is coated as well. Place the folded and dipped tortilla into the prepared casserole dish.
6. Once all the tortillas are dipped, filled, folded, and placed in the casserole dish, pour any remaining black bean sauce over top. Bake the tortillas in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or just until heated through. Top with any remaining cheese after baking, then serve.
Original recipe link