Black Bean & Spinach Enchilada Bake
A good dish to fit spinach into a menu.
extra firm tofu
package of corn tortillas, will use ~12 small ones
1 can black beans
bag of shredded mexican-style cheeses
1 can/jar green enchilada sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Cut the tofu into bite-sized pieces, spread out between paper towels to press out excess moisture. Leave for ~10 minutes.
3. Grease a medium rectangular baking dish with a bit of olive oil. Smear some enchilada sauce on the bottom to cover the pan, and add a layer of corn tortillas, tearing them to fit if necessary.
4. Layer with crumbled feta & shredded cheeses, black beans, spinach, tofu, and salsa. Add another layer of corn tortillas and pour enchilada sauce over the top. Continue building layers, ending with tortillas on top and sauce poured over it. Sprinkle with cheese.
Note: the spinach will cook down in volume.
5. Cover dish with foil, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove foil, and put the dish back in the oven for 5 minutes until cheese browns and bubbles.
Let it cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!