Roasted Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad
Lasts well as leftovers.
1 head cauliflower
1 small red onion
2 Tbsp olive oil
pinch salt and pepper
2 Tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cinnamon
2 cups quinoa
1/3 cup dried cranberries
3 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 bag fresh spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. Chop the cauliflower into florets and slice the red onion into small pieces. Place the cauliflower florets and sliced red onion into a large bowl, along with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the cauliflower and onion until they are well coated in oil.
3. Spread the cauliflower and onion out onto a large baking sheet, then transfer them to the oven. Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes, give them a good stir, then roast for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the onions are caramelized and the cauliflower is browned.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa well in a wire mesh sieve.
5. Add the butter, garlic, turmeric, cumin, and cinnamon, to a medium sauce pot. Place the pot over medium heat. Stir and cook the spices for one minute.
6. Add the drained quinoa to the pot with the butter and spices. Also add the dried cranberries and vegetable broth. Stir to combine, then place a lid on the pot, turn the heat up to medium-high, and bring it up to a boil.
7. Once it reaches a boil, turn the heat down to low and let the pot simmer for 20 minutes, with the lid in place.
After simmering over low for 20 minutes, the quinoa should have absorbed all of the broth.
8. Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa. Add the sliced almonds and stir to combine. Allow the quinoa to cool slightly.
9. Transfer the cooked quinoa and roasted cauliflower and red onion to a large bowl. Add the spinach and stir until everything is combined.
Original recipe link