Breakfast Enchiladas with Ranchero Sauce
Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea!
2 tablespoons oil
1 medium potato, or 1 cup of pre-shredded potatoes
6 eggs, whisked
½ teaspoon salt
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 recipe ranchero sauce
8-10 tortillas (corn, flour, whole wheat, your choice!)
1 cup shredded cheese (use whatever you like)
1. POTATOES: Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shredded potatoes, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and allow the potatoes to cook on one side before flipping, this will take about 2-3 minutes per side. When the hash browns are crispy, remove to a plate and set aside.
2. BLACK BEANS: Place the black beans in a medium bowl, add ½ cup of the ranchero sauce, toss, and set aside.
3. EGGS: Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and heat on the low heat setting. Add the whisked eggs and push them around to scramble. You want to keep them soft, because we’ll be baking the casserole off in the oven. Add the scrambled eggs to the black beans mixture. Add the shredded potatoes to the black beans as well, along with the salt and 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Stir to combine.
4. ASSEMBLE: Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a large 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Add a thin layer of the ranchero sauce to the bottom of the baking pan. Fill each of the tortillas with the black bean, egg, and potato mixture. Place the enchiladas seam side down in the dish. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and top with the shredded cheese.
5. BAKE: Bake the breakfast enchiladas for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve warm with sour cream and diced or sliced avocados.
Original recipe link