Lebanese Lemon-Parsley Bean Salad and Hummus
A delightfully crunchy and satisfying bean salad bursting with Mediterranean flavors, including lemon, garlic and fresh herbs.
2 cans red kidney beans
1 can chickpeas
1 small red onion
3 stalks celery
1 medium cucumber
¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or mint
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice (about 1 ½ lemons)
3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
¾ teaspoon salt
Small pinch red pepper flakes
Container of hummus
Pack of pita bread
1. Chop everything and rinse all the beans.
2. In a serving bowl, combine the prepared kidney beans, chickpeas, onion, celery, cucumber, parsley and mint.
3. Make the lemon dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper flakes until emulsified. Pour dressing over the bean and vegetable mixture and toss thoroughly.
4. Eat immediately for the most flavor, or let it marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for a couple of hours or longer.
5. Serve with hummus and pita bread.
Original recipe link